Organizing and Design Services
Life is full of transitions: moving to a new home or office, selling/renting your home, expecting the arrival of a new addition, managing the departure of a loved one, empty nesting, and just deciding to get yourself "together". Whatever your situation, Forte Interior Transformations (FIT) goes a step further than consulting to offer a wide range of hands on design services that bring functionality, balance and peace of mind back into your life.
Organizing & Decluttering
Your home should be your sanctuary, a place that refreshes your soul. However for many people it isn't, and getting it there can be mentally and physically exhausting. Whether you are preparing to buy, sell, rent, move, expect a new arrival or stay in your location, we will help you sort through your items, clean up the clutter and create an effective organizing system. The result will be a space that rejuvenates your soul! We can come out once, seasonally, annually, it's entirely up to you.
$50.00 an hour
Our services will also help you diligently prepare for life's transitions: downsizing from a larger space, moving, or new arrival (child, elderly parent, partner). Looking to rent your home long term, set it up as an AirBnB rental, or list it for sale and need ensure it looks market ready? That's right up our alley as well! We can even help you spruce up the house for holiday parties or in-law visits!The most common tasks include:
- storage space (garage/basement/attic)
- master closet
- kitchen pantry
- bathroom closets and cabinets
- home or business office
- playroom or entertainment room
- Spring Cleaning
The organizing and decluttering process first starts with an in-house 15-30 minute consultation. We will walk through the space viewing each room, take a look at your current organizing and storing processes, and the overall space available. Then we will discuss 1) Your concerns, issues and thoughts, 2) your family makeup and their personalities, 3) their reactions to the organization/clutter, and 4) what your goals are for the space; not only for the physical change you are seeking, but also what you are hoping to achieve through organizing.
Once we have completed our consultation, we can provide our initial thoughts and ideas and if time permits in both our schedules, we can usually start right away with one or two small spaces, such as storage closets or master bedroom closet. However typically in order to create a larger organizing solution that fits your family and needs, our process is most effective if we take time to reflect on the consultation, create a plan of action, and determine a list of supplies that will be essential to our organizing. Once we agree to proceed, we can work together to tackle each item on our list, or we are happy to do the work on our own (with the exception of lifting/moving large items or boxes). FIT can even purchase the essential supplies on your behalf to bring with us! We will take everything out in order to help you determine the must haves, the got to gos, the donatables, the salables and create a practical solution for you to be successful in staying organized in the future. We will also provide tips on the best donation, disposal and recycling locations, as well as provide transportation there for the smaller items.
Home owner should be prepared with a few areas they would like to address, their goals for organizing, and a small supply of trash bags and/or boxes.
Occupied Home Staging & Interior Styling
The wonderful thing about occupied home staging and styling is that we use most of what you already own to transform the space! Only after that, will we suggest small items to buy or upgrades to make. Below are the options for Staging and Styling packages.
Occupied Home Staging - 95% of a buyers visit the online listing before deciding to visit a home. Using a Certified, Professional home stager is the first step in selling or renting your home. We'll use what you already own to revive the character and charm of the home you fell in love with so that new home buyers and renters will too!
During your initial in-home consultation, we will review each room in order to fill out a detailed Design Report writing down everything that needs to be done to get your home looking it's best! If staging for sale, rent or AirBnB, this ensures the maximum return on investment (ROI) for every dollar spent. If redesigning or styling, we will also discuss your family's style, personalities, and habits to complete a customized plan.
- A phone interview so that I can research your neighborhood's demographic and prepare for our Consultation.
- A detailed checklist discussing: optimal investments and strategies that are designed to have a big impact on your home, how to highlighting your home's features, rearranging for movement and flow, and decluttering.
- The detailed report also includes a "Must Have" Shopping List, and Closet Organization Checklist. We can also suggest minor upgrades and renovations that will bring your home current and competitive and manage the execution of those items.
- If redesigning or styling we will discuss how to create emotions connections to your family’s style and favorite moments.
If you are feeling overwhelmed with preparing your home, we are here to help! Following the detailed Design Report and working together, we will focus on the main areas of the home right away.
This service can take up to 4 hours in the home with 2 hours planning/prep time:
- You won’t believe the difference a few hours makes just using what you already own!
- We will focus on the main living areas of the home - living room, dining room, kitchen and master.
- We will bring in essential staging accessories to give you a visual shopping list of items.
- When we are done the home will be "after" photograph ready!
- If you choose to continue directly from our Consultation into a same day Mini Transformation, 50% of the Consultation cost will be applied to this service!
Full Day Transformation
If 4 hours isn't enough, let's extend our time together to include a full day of work! This is crucial for homes larger than 2000 square feet or with a lot of clutter and organizational needs.
This service can take up to 7 hours in the home with 2 hours planning/prep time:
- As time permits, we will tackle each additional room after the main living areas such as: guest rooms, nursery, office, family room, etc.
- We will bring in essential staging accessories to give you a visual shopping list.
- When we are done the home will be "after" photograph ready!
Open House Transformation
We will spend two days, 7 hour each, plus 2 to 3 hours of planning/prep time:
This service takes all of your stress out of staging and redesign! It is the perfect thing to make a great first impression for a home that is just about to go onto the market, host an Open House, or have family over for the holidays! If listing your home for sale, every home should go through our complete transformation before going on the market, in order to get top dollar offers!
- We will tackle the entire home, including each indoor and outdoor living space in detail.
- We will bring in essential staging accessories to give you a visual shopping list. We will even have time the second day to either go shopping together or utilize the items you purchase.
- If redesigning or styling your home, the staging accessories will help us decide what items are most practical and in-line with your families lifestyle to create comfortable and inviting living spaces.
- When we are finished your home will be ready to impress and entertain!
Move-In Home Setup
Planning, preparing for and executing your move is overwhelming. Especially when you arrive to an empty shell of a house and have to spend days unpacking and setting up your home, all while life continues on around you. If there are small children, expecting parents, elderly, or pets, involved, it is even more stressful. But not anymore! Our move-in home setup services will provide you with a functional living space ready for your family's arrival so that you can begin to feel at home immediately.
$50.00 - $75.00 an hour
Our home setup services ensure that you have as stress free a transition as possible. Services are most helpful for families and professionals who need to get back to work.
- Personally sort, itemized and pack your designated essential belongings your require to be at destination location first.
- Be at the destination location to receive and manage the unpacking of belongings or transport them ourselves.
- Set up each essential room or (entire home, as agreed) prior to your arrival: e.g. make beds, hang curtains, prepare the bathroom, get the kitchen in working order, prepare loyal Fido's favorite bed and blanket, and more.
- We can layout your rooms just as your had them in the previous home or can suggest new arrangements based on our experience.
As with other services, home setup first starts with an in-house consultation and viewing of each room. Then we will discuss:
- 1) your concerns for your upcoming move
- 2) the order of essential items, rooms, and functionality you require when you first arrive home
- 3) any contracts and vendors you have scheduled or to be scheduled that we will need to coordinate with or work around
- 4) if you would like us to recreate the layout of the home as best we can, take your instructions for layout or style the space as we see fit.
Once we have completed our consultation, we will provide our initial thoughts and ideas, however our process is most effective if we take time to reflect on the consultation to create a personalized plan of action.
When move time is upon us, we will arrive at the origin location to itemized, organize, and pack your essential items ourselves or direct the movers regarding those items specifically and ensure they are delivered to the destination first. From there we will help unpack and begin setting up your essential spaces. This is often the master bedroom, children's room, kitchen, bathroom and pet's safe space, however we can continue to set up each additional room throughout the house, and even hang pictures if you would like! The end result will be a space that is functionally ready for your family, but more importantly allows you to begin feeling at home right away.
(Please note that home setup may be combined with and redesign of the new home, therefore individualized pricing package will be determined after the consultation.)
Other Design Services
There are a number of other interior styling services that we can provide for your organizational and design convenience.
$50.00 an hour
Accessories are an investment that completes the look! Statistically buyers will pay a premium for a home with updated accessories. If you are interested in having us shop for you, or accompany you shopping, we would be happy to do so. First we’ll create a list and budget, then shop for those accessories that serve as investments in the sale of your home or transforming your home into the your sanctuary.
$50.00 an hour
Sick of pulling out all of those tubs of decorations each season? Tired of untangling Christmas lights? Not looking forward to taking the decorations down, not that they are up? Not to worry, our professionals can come out and organize your decorations, help you create the decorating theme for your home, or just help pack up and put away all of the decorations once the season is over.
$75.00 an hour + Initial Consultation
One of my favorite things is picking out the new fixtures, tiles, wall colors, window treatments and more. If you are planning a renovation or are moving into a brand new home and want a design consultation to sit down with, then look no further! We will start with an initial consultation to walk through the home, look at your plans, peruse examples of what you like, and discuss your styles and goals. From there, we will work together on an hourly basis to make decisions, purchases and bring your vision to life! And if you are staging your home to sell, we are happy to manage some of the upgrades and renovations needed to bring your home current and competitive in today's market!
Home owner must be prepared with a few examples of fixtures and styles they life, whether via Pinterest board, magazine, or physical pictures. Consultant is not a contractor licensed and not able to draft blue prints and/architectural designs, or complete demolition and/construction work.
We accept cash or credit card payments, via Square.
Forte Interior Transformations, LLC dba myForte Consulting provides personalized home and small business management services to Rockville, Gaithersburg, North Potomac, Silver Spring and other surrounding Montgomery County, Maryland areas, as well as Central Virginia. Woman Owned and Operated.